How to lose weight?Weight control in children and adults .Diets .
Healthy Eating And Diet / / August 12, 2017
main causes of obesity
Being overweight is a major problem in today's society.Half the world's population are obese or struggling with being overweight.Therefore, it is important to know what are the reasons causing obesity, know how to prevent or treat this problem.First, we must recognize that obesity is not just going for the day, week or month.This occurs gradually in connection with one or more factors.
of the main causes of obesity can be identified:
- Lifestyle. Lack of exercise is a prime example of unhealthy lifestyles.Today, many people work sitting in the office, or rely on the technique.Most people are the owners of the car and use it as a means of travel.When it comes to vacation, most people prefer to watch TV or play computer games.Thus, if you do not use most of the energy from the foods that you eat, the body stores the extra calories as body fat.
- Nutrition and dietary habits. Unhealthy diets without doubt, one of the main causes of obesity.Over the years there have been signif
- consumption of processed foods high in fat
- Absence vegetable diet, fruits and unrefined carbohydrates
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Taking large portions than necessary
- uncontrolled food intakein a state of depression, while watching TV, working at the computer, reading, etc.
- Genetics. Doctors have found that there is a link between obesity and genetics.People who have inherited two pairs of obesity genes, so-called obese gene, obese often than people who do not have these genes.This explains why some people gain weight very quickly, and others, he usually remain unchanged for many years.Some genetic conditions may also increase your appetite, and you end up eating more.
- Medical factors. Some mental illnesses play a role in the development of obesity.The most common of these conditions is an eating disorder and compulsive overeating.Another disease that is one of the causes of obesity is Cushing's syndrome, which is a rare disease that causes the production of steroid hormones.Polycystic ovary syndrome, in which the ovaries in women who have a large number of cysts, is another cause of obesity.In addition to medical reasons, some drugs can cause obesity.Examples of such drugs are corticosteroids and antidepressants.
Lifestyle changes and psychosocial therapy
For most people, behavior change takes time.All stages of change are important.Man must learn to learn to analyze each step.Many people do not have the patience to track minute changes in his condition, they expect instant, radical and rapid change.Often it is these small changes make people return to normal life a few times before the changes actually continue.This is a normal situation, because right lifestyle changes are not well easy.You do not give up, because it breaks down from time to time.Instead, you have to forgive yourself mistakes and get back to work toward the goal of healthy weight and overall health.
Keeping a food diary
records of food consumption are a good way to learn about food and a deeper understanding of their eating habits.
Keep a food diary for 1 week.Write down what you eat, how much you eat, and what time of day you eat.Also write down what else you are doing and how you are feeling, such as hunger, stress, fatigue, boredom.Maybe you were at work, and it was boring, you bought a snack from a vending machine in the hallway of your office.
At the end of the week, review the log and analyze your eating habits.Try to determine what habits you want to change.Remember, small steps can lead to long-term success.Try not to overload yourself with too many goals.
In addition, praise yourself for healthy habits that you have.Many people focus on bad habits, and it exacerbates the already depressed mood.Do not judge strictly your behavior.Setting goals to correct deficiencies is the best way to develop new healthy habits that are gradually replacing the old.
Think about what motivates you to eat.Maybe something in your environment, such as a vending machine down the hall, makes you eat when you are not hungry, or choose unhealthy snacks?Do you always feel hungry when you eat?Or maybe, your office tea is a tradition?All this is very important to consider and celebrate.
Look at your blog and draw encourage the urge to overeat.For example, it can be:
- View your favorite snacks in the cafeteria or vending machine;
- Eating while watching TV;
- Reception for "digging" food at work or in other situations;
- There was no plan for dinner after a long day, so I had to eat what was found in the refrigerator;
- Someone from the staff brought cupcakes, candy, etc .;
- Stop at a fast-food restaurant for breakfast and a choice of high-fat and high in calories;
How to resist prompting to overeating
- Try not to walk past the vending machine to get to your office, if possible.
- Decide in the morning, you'll have for lunch and dinner, so you had a plan for after work.
- Try to talk to the person who brings an unhealthy snack at work or buying her home, carry it to the front of you or not to offer you.
- Suggest instead of cupcakes fruits and vegetables at tea party staff, or bring their own.
- Replacing old habits with new, healthy.
There are some other ways to replace bad habits with healthy:
- Eat slowly.Fast food leads to overeating.
- Eat only when you are hungry.Eating when you feel anxiety, stress, or boredom and leads to overeating.
- Plan your meals.This will reduce the chance that you will buy the products that you did not plan to buy (buying impulse) or eat at fast food restaurants.
- Control your portions and the amount of food consumed.
- Get rid of the junk food.Replace sweets with fruits or nuts.If you have junk food in your home for other family members, remove it from the field of view on a high shelf or in back of the cabinet.
- Do not skip meals.Eat breakfast like a king or queen, lunch like a prince and princess, and dinner like a beggar.
It may take a long time before you can replace your bad habits with new, healthy ones.Perhaps it will take the same amount of time, during which old habits are formed.You must not give up.
control of overweight children
Obesity in children is best treated without medication.A more acceptable disciplinary approach including diet, behavior modification and exercise.Children should be screened for obesity at age 6, and start a weight management program, if it is necessary as soon as possible.Moderate and intense weight loss program have the highest rate of success with children and teenagers.These programs include counseling and behavioral modification.
Most children spend more than 3 hours a day watching TV.When this time is added to the need to carry out the lessons, read, engage in other activities, excluding the physical activity, it is closer to 5 - 7 hours a day.
Therefore, children under 2 years of age is not recommended to watch TV in general, and children older than 2 years, to limit the time to 1-2 hours a day.
Children should have plenty of opportunities that would have to run, ride a bike and exercise during the day.Experts recommend that children 60 minutes of moderate activity every day.Moderate activity means more rapid breathing and heart rate than usual.Some examples of such activities: walking, playing catch-up, or rope, playing basketball, or playing the most organized sports (such as football, swimming, dancing).
Younger children have a lower concentration than the older ones.They may be active only 10 - 15 minutes at a time.The goal is still a total of 60 minutes every day activity.
These tips can help children do not make active sports:
- Let them know that the sport will give them more energy, will make the body strong and help to feel good.
- Ask them to be active, learn how they can do it.They must believe that they will succeed.
- Be a role model.If you are not active, start to work with you.
- Make walking a part of everyday life of your family.All you need good walking shoes and clothes for rainy and frosty days.Do not let bad weather stop you.
- Go for a walk together after dinner, before turning on the TV or games computer games.
- Make a habit of walking in the park, where there is a playground, golf ball, basketball courts and walking paths.It is easier to be active when people around you are active.
Developing healthy eating habits among children prone to obesity
Choosing healthy snacks and drinks to children can be a challenge.There are plenty to choose from.
- Lay snacks in small plastic bags to make them easy to carry in a pocket or backpack.Metered size snacks in bags will also help your child to form the correct eating habits and do not overeat.
- Avoid junk food, snacks, potato chips, candy, cakes, pastries and ice cream.
- The best way to keep children away from eating junk food or other unhealthy snacks, do not eat these foods in your house.
- Teach them how to avoid unhealthy foods at school.It is normal to have your child's unhealthy snacks were 1-2 times a day.Never completely forbid the use of unhealthy snacks and sweets, it may cause your child to eat these products a secret from you.
Promote and praise
Praise and reward the children is important when they make the right food choices and engage in health activity.This will encourage them to continue to do it.
Do not use food as a reward or punishment.For example, let's not food if your kids clean the room, and do not miss the food, if your children do not do their homework.
not punish, do not tease and do not put children who are not interested in losing weight.It will not motivate them.
Do not force children to eat all the food on the plate.Infants, children and adolescents should learn to stop eating when they are satisfied.
The best thing parents can do to motivate their children to lose weight, lose weight on their own, if necessary.Parents have to go this way and to follow the advice they give to their children.
Food in the main family, where everyone sits and talks about his deeds and achievements.The family meal should be subject to a certain set of rules, such as reading or moralistic mimicry is not allowed.Food in the family should be a positive experience.Food should be cooked at home, and children should be involved in meal planning.If they are old enough, they can help prepare meals.
study in Australia, published in February 2011, found that parents of children learning the skills of a healthy way of life can lead to sustained weight loss with moderate obesity in children aged 6 - 12 years.
support groups and weight loss program
There are many different types of commercial and non-profit programs loss and weight control.Most commercial programs, such as "Dr. Bormental", offering support and supervision of individuals or groups, lifestyle changes, as well as the behavior and feeding habits.These programs are generally expensive.
There are a few well-conducted studies of the approaches that are used in such groups, and can help you in selecting such a program.
1. The approach of short-term and specific objectives in relation to meals, to learn something, not to perform.It may be, for example, pre-planned meals, both at home and outside the home, with a hike to visit or vacation.
2. Cognitive behavioral approach, psychotherapy.Most support programs use some form of cognitive-behavioral techniques, in other words, psychotherapy and elements of suggestion to change the daily habits associated with eating.They are very useful for the prevention of relapse after initial weight loss.The therapist together with the patient or group reviews and analyzes the personal diary, losing weight sets realistic goals and identify patterns that would be able to change the patient.For example, if the patient is usually eating food while watching television, you may need to learn to eat in another room.
3. The method of stress reduction.Relaxation and stress reduction can be useful for some people who are obese, especially those whose weight is associated with night eating syndrome.Changing sedentary lifestyle and exercise
4. The method of counting calories eaten.In this case the weight loss is built using the formula: Energy consumption of the organism (physical and mental activity) & gt;eaten calories = weight loss.
This means that in order to lose weight, the number of calories burned by people in the exercise of physical or intellectual activity must be greater than the number of calories they get from what they eat and drink.Even if people are working outside the home or office, they will gain weight if they take in more calories than they burn.
Thus, the 30 - 50-year-old woman who leads a sedentary lifestyle needs about 1,800 calories a day to maintain her normal weight.30 - 50 letnimu man who not just has a daily exercise - about 2,200 calories to maintain your healthy weight.
At the same time, for every hour of exercise that they will perform, they will burn the following number of calories:
Cleaning the house or play ping-pong or golf.
370 - 460
moderate activity, such as brisk walking, gardening, cycling or dancing.
580 - 730
strenuous activities such as jogging at a pace of 1, 5 kilometers for 9-10 minutes, playing soccer, or swimming.
740 - 920
very strenuous activity, such as running at a brisk pace of 1.5 kilometers in 7 minutes, playing tennis, skiing.
Even without dieting, you will lose weight if you add to your life any active and exercise.Many people sit all day at their jobs.They can add activity into your schedule before starting work, during work, at lunch and after work.If you live, or a few blocks from the place of work, try to give up the car or other vehicle and walk to work, so you get a 5 - 10 minute walk before and after work.If you get to work by bus, get off one stop earlier and walk the remaining distance on foot.If you have a sedentary job, set a timer to have 1 minute for gentle exercise and stretching every half hour.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017