Healthy Eating And Diet / / April 18, 2016
Aflatoxins are polyketides.Toxin-producing fungi Aspergillus several species grow mainly on the grains, and fruits and seeds of plants with high oil content.Reproduction of fungi contribute to hot and humid conditions.
Aflatoxins were first isolated in 1961 from peanut flour contaminated by the fungus Aspergillus flavus, which gave the name to this group of mycotoxins.Usually more infected mushroom products stored in hot and humid climates.As a toxin found in the milk of animals who were given infected feed.Among all biological poisons aflatoxins - the strongest hepatocarcinogen.If you get a high dose of venom into the body death can occur within a few days due to irreversible liver damage.
Aflatoxins if not properly stored over time, formed in stale tea and different herbs, and when added to their water appears white film as an indication that the sheet is long dead and turned into hay.Aflatoxins have strong carcinogenic.They act on almost all cell components.All violations of aflatoxins lead to "cha
Currently aflatoxins family includes four main representative - aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2, and more than 10 compounds that are metabolites or derivatives of the main group - M1, M2, B2a, G2a, GM1, P1, Q1, and others.Producers of aflatoxins are some strains of two species of microscopic fungi: Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus.
Although aflatoxins cause cancer in animals, some drugs reduce their content in nuts, seeds and legumes in which aflatoxins are considered "inevitable impurities".
not practical and not possible at home to try to remove foodstuff from aflatoxin, so as to make them more secure.Especially since aflatoxin in small amounts over a lifetime does not pose much of a threat.Safe
daily dose for a person weighing 60 kg is considered to not more than 0.3 - 0.6 ug aflatoxin.
aflatoxin Aflatoxin can be contained in the following products:
- peanuts and peanut butter;
- Brazil nuts;
- spices, such as various types of pepper and nutmeg;
- coffee beans and cocoa;
- oilseeds - such as peanuts, soybeans, sunflower, cotton;
- Aflatoxin transformation products are sometimes found in eggs, dairy products and meat, when animals eat contaminated grain.
Action aflatoxins on the body
- has a strong toxic effect on the liver and high concentrations can cause a fatal iskhoduv for several days due to acute liver damage cells;
- Cause hepatic necrosis, leading later to cirrhosis and / or liver carcinoma;
- Violate the metabolism of vitamin D, thereby decreasing bone strength;
- Snizhzhayut formation of bile salts:
- affects the absorption of fats and pigments;
- Reduces the metabolism of minerals, including iron, phosphorus and copper;
- suppresses the immune system;
- causes a delay of growth and development in children;
Symptoms of aflatoxin aflatoxin poisoning
manifested pronounced symptoms already within half an hour after eating contaminated food.Among the characteristic symptoms of poisoning can be distinguished:
- pain in the liver;
- occurrence of seizures;
- decreased appetite;
- GMO foods: what are they dangerous?
- doctors called a vegetable, which is "a vacuum cleaner for the liver»
- What products should be present in the diet of beauty?
- Pesticides: how to protect yourself from them?
- Useful and harmful products for liver
To minimize the risk, you must check the products that may contain aflatoxin.Peanuts and peanut butter are some of the most stringently tested products because they frequently contain aflatoxins in large quantities and widely consumed by people.
You can reduce aflatoxin intake in such a way:
- buy nuts and peanut butter only in the most well-known and tested for high quality products trading networks;
- to throw out anything that looks like mold, all discolored or shriveled.
- toxins are very stable and retain activity even after thermal treatment at high temperatures, so spoiled nuts and dried fruits should not be washed, fry, boil - to neutralize the poison in this way is impossible.
In recent medical studies have established that regular presence in the diet of umbrella vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, celery and parsley, reduces the carcinogenic effects of aflatoxin.
26 May, 2016
26 May, 2016