As individually selected hormonal contraceptives ?
Questions Gynecologist / / April 26, 2016
(Individual selection of hormonal contraceptives)
the appointment of hormonal contraception doctor, first of all, take into account the presence or absence of contraindications in particular women.Like all medicines, hormonal contraceptive drugs are not without side effects, however, compared to the risk that is associated with the pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period, as well as the risk of premature termination of pregnancy, the frequency of complications from these drugs is extremely small.Listed below are actually existing in connection with the use of contraceptive pills risk factors.
1. Blockage vessels resulting from thrombus formation in any part of the vascular system.The risk of this complication (as well as such its serious consequences, as thromboembolism) should particularly be taken into account in the following cases:
- smoking women older than 35 years ( "hard-core" smokers - smoked at least 15 cigarettes per day),
- those suffering from persist
- if there is evidence that during a previous pregnancy occurred hypertension,
- have diabetes complicated by vascular lesion,
- in women with high blood lipids,
- in women withexpressed varicose veins or blockage of blood vessels,
- women who are forced to comply with prolonged bed rest (disease, surgery, accident),
- in women with a family on the parental line marked thromboembolism,
- when relatives of the first degreerelationship there have been cases of death from heart disease before the age of 50 years.
Individuals who are not members of any one of these risk groups, the risk of blockage of blood vessels in the application of the contraceptive pill does not increase.
2. Benign tumors of the liver.
This is a very rare disease, it occurs in one in a million women a year.
3.Obmen carbohydrates.Contraceptive preparations
never cause of diabetes, but they may worsen existing diabetes, as capable of a small degree adversely affect the carbohydrate metabolism.However, most modern contraceptive preparations containing small amounts of hormones may be employed in the presence of diabetes, of course, under appropriate supervision.
hormonal contraceptive drugs can cause temporary, and a slight increase in blood pressure in about 3-5% of cases and can lead to deterioration of existing hypertension.Despite this, women with hypertension, can continue taking contraceptive pills, provided that the disease is firmly controlled by well-matched treatment.
5. Gallstone disease.
Contraceptive pills do not cause cholelithiasis.However, the presence of gallstones, perhaps more frequent episodes of biliary colic.It should be borne in mind that if a woman during a previous pregnancy, showed signs of violation of the outflow of bile due to its thickening (jaundice, itchy skin), it is very likely that these phenomena can be repeated in the course of reception of contraceptive tablets.
What contraceptive pill "the best"?
develop "best" contraceptive pill was not possible until now.So, what preparation would be best for a particular woman, help information obtained in the study of individual and family history, determining the state of health and physiological characteristics.Existing in the CIS a wide range of contraceptive products provides an opportunity for every woman to choose the most appropriate medication for it.It is essential that appropriate contraceptive product was picked up specialist.
(The answer is given on the basis of World Health Organization recommendations)