Caffeine benefits and harms
Vitamins And Dietary Supplements / / August 12, 2017
Caffeine - a substance of vegetable origin, a number of purine alkaloid, has psychoactive and analeptic action.Typically it is contained in coffee and tea, but also may be artificial (produced synthetically) and then added to the food product.
contained caffeine in tea is called "Chahin," although both of these substances are chemically identical.They differ only in the way their release: while caffeine is released already in contact with the gastric juice, Chahin manifested only in the gut and thus its action is later, but this effect is retained longer.
It is a powerful central nervous system stimulant and a diuretic (diuretics - diuretics, substances that help the body get rid of fluids, agents that increase the excretion of water and salts in the urine, increasing urine production rate and reduce the liquid content in the tissues and serous cavities).
Caffeine stimulates or excites the brain and nervous system.It does not reduce the effects of alcohol, although many people mistakenly think that a
Caffeine is quickly absorbed by the body and quickly moves to the brain.Caffeine does not accumulate in the blood, but is persistent in the body, leaving it in the urine after many hours of use.
In the human body there is no nutritional need for caffeine, so it is quite possible to avoid in the diet.
caffeine content in products
- A coffee cup (150 ml): 80 - 120 mg of caffeine;
- black tea cup (150 ml): 20 - 40 mg caffeine;
- espresso cup (30 ml): 40 mg of caffeine;
- cocoa cup (150 ml), 6 mg of caffeine;
- Glass cola (150 mL): 15 - 35 mg caffeine;
- Energy drink (150 ml): 48 mg of caffeine;
- Chocolate bar (100 grams) depending on the grade of chocolate - 15 mg (milk chocolate) and 90 mg (dark chocolate);
- caffeine tablets (piece): depending on the dosage - from 50 to 200 mg caffeine.
Products labeled "decaffeinated" still contain it, but in reduced amounts.
- Improves mental and physical performance, stimulates mental activity, motor activity, shortens the reaction time, temporarily reduces fatigue and sleepiness;
- quickens and deepens breathing, contributing to the expansion of the bronchi;
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis;
- Has antispasmodic effect on smooth muscle, having bronchodilator effect on striated has a stimulating effect;
- Improves the secretory activity of the stomach;
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes;
- Improves substance exchange and metabolic processes, such as glycogenolysis and lipolysis.
Food sources of caffeine
Caffeine is found in the leaves, seeds and fruits of more than 60 plants, including:
- leaf tea;
- cola nut;
- cocoa beans;
- almost any stake (if it is not labeled "decaf").
Caffeine is often added to medications - such as pain relievers, diet pills, cold medicine.Caffeine has no taste, and it can be removed from the food by a chemical process, called "decaffeination."
Side effects of caffeine
Caffeine can cause the following negative consequences for the organism:
- a rapid heart beat;
- trouble sleeping;
- frequent urination;
- permanent pirimeneniya caffeine is addictive:
- umenshant digestibility of calcium.
Abrupt discontinuation of caffeine can cause withdrawal symptoms (abstinence from hysteria, fear, neurosis or obsessive-compulsive disorder in the course of psychoanalytic therapy; strong-willed voluntary renunciation of anything, suppression in itself for a period of time or for the life of those or other drives).
Reduce caffeine gradually to prevent any symptoms of withdrawal syndrome.
- How to gain muscle, lose fat, there is a before and after training
- iron deficiency in the diet
- What products should be present in the diet of beauty?
- How to gain weight or diet for thin
- 8 products that reduce cholesterol in the blood
Effect of caffeine on health
Large amounts of caffeine can reduce the density of human bone mass and, most likely,It interferes with the body's ability to absorb calcium.This can lead to osteoporosis (a chronic, progressive systemic metabolic diseases of the skeleton, the clinical syndrome, which manifests itself in other diseases. Osteoporosis is characterized by decreased bone density, increasing their fragility, breach microarchitectonics and, as a result of metabolic disorders of bone tissue, decreased bone strength and increased risk of fractures).
Caffeine can cause or worsen pain and seals in the chest (breast or fibrocystic disease fibroadenomatosis - benign breast disease associated with hormone balance infringement).
Caffeine can have a negative impact on the child's diet, if caffeinated drinks replace healthy drinks - such as for example milk.A child who consumes caffeine may also eat less because caffeine reduces appetite.
Caffeine is strictly contraindicated in increased excitability, insomnia, severe hypertension and atherosclerosis, and organic diseases of the cardiovascular system, in old age, in glaucoma.Caffeine speeds up the growth of cysts in patients with polycystic.
Moderate consumption of tea or coffee has no appreciable negative impact on health, as long as one does not violate a healthy lifestyle.
about 250 milligrams of caffeine per day, or 5 servings (cups, mugs) soft drinks or tea is considered to be of average or moderate amount of caffeine.More than 250 milligrams of caffeine per day per day - it considered excessive caffeine consumption.
People who may want to avoid caffeine or drink only a small amount, is:
- people who are prone to stress, anxiety or sleep problems;
- Women with painful lumpy breasts (mastopathy, or fibrocystic disease fibroadenomatosis);
- people with acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD - a chronic relapsing disease);
- people with high blood pressure, are not treatable;
- people who have problems with aerdtsem and heart rate;
- people with chronic headaches.
Carefully watch how much caffeine gets a child.Despite the fact that caffeine is safe in moderate amounts, it is a stimulant.Hyperactive child may not need to give drink caffeine.
small amounts of caffeine during pregnancy is safe, but to use a large number of strongly discouraged.
Caffeine, like alcohol, passes through the bloodstream to the placenta and can have a negative impact on children.Because caffeine is a stimulant, it increases the heart rate (heart rate, heart rate) and metabolism (metabolism -. A set of chemical reactions occurring in a living organism to maintain its life metabolism helps the body grow, to multiply, to respond to the environment and to heal the damage processes.that allow the organism to grow and proliferate, maintain the structure and to respond to environmental influences metabolism is usually divided into two stages. catabolism in which complex organic substances are degraded to simple and anabolism in processes which energy costs are synthesized proteins, sugars,lipids and nucleic acids).And then, and more direct impact on the health of the child.It is therefore recommended to give up caffeine during pregnancy.
OK to drink one or two cups of coffee, tea or cola a week, but it is better to abandon them completely, if possible.
Many medications interact with caffeine.If the patient is taking medication, we advise him to talk to your doctor or pharmacist about their possible interactions with caffeine to a combination of both does not harm health.