Vitamin E : lack and excess of vitamin E , vitamin E consumption norms
Vitamins And Dietary Supplements / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: alpha-tocopherol;gamma-tocopherol
Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin - it is soluble in fat.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects body tissue from damage caused by free radicals.Free radicals can harm cells, tissues and organs.They are believed to play an important role in certain conditions associated with aging.
body also needs vitamin E, which helps to keep the immune system strong in the fight against viruses and bacteria.
Vitamin E is also important in the formation of red blood cells, and it helps the body to consume vitamin K, as well as - to dilate blood vessels and hold them in the clotting of blood.
body's cells use vitamin E to interact with each other and perform many other important functions.
whether vitamin E is able to prevent cancer, heart disease, dementia, liver disease, and stroke - is still not known.
Food sources of vitamin E
best way to get vitamin E daily rate - to eat his food sources.Vitamin E is found in products such as:
- vegetable oils (e.g., wheat germ oil, sunflower, safflower, corn, and soybeans);
- nuts (such as almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.);
- seeds (e.g., sunflower);
- green leafy vegetables (such as spinach and broccoli);
- enriched with vitamins and minerals, cereals, fruit juices, margarine and other fat-containing products.
Check vitamin E on the label, which specifies a part of the purchased food products.Products made from these products - such as margarine, - also contain vitamin E.
daily requirement of vitamin E
How many units of each vitamin a person needs depends on age and gender.Also important are other factors - such as pregnancy and human health.
best way to get all the daily vitamins - it is to eat a balanced diet that contains a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, dairy products, legumes and whole grains.
highest safe level of vitamin E supplements for adults is 1,500 IU per day in natural form, and 1000 IU per day in a synthetic form.
encourage each person to consult with your doctor or nutritionist, it is more useful for him.
daily requirement of vitamin E Baby
- From 0 to 6 months: 4 milligrams / day (mg / day)
- From 7 to 12 months: 5 mg / day
daily requirement of vitamin E for children and students
- From 1 to 3 years: 6 mg / day
- From 4 to 8 years: 7 mg / day
- From 9 to 13 years: 11 mg / day
daily requirement of vitamin E for adolescents and adults
- From 14 years and older: 15 mg / day
- Pregnant girls and women: 15 mg / day
- Breastfeeding girls and women: 19 mg / day
excess and deficiency of vitamin E body
vitamin E Eating foods poses no danger or harm.However, extra high doses of vitamin E may increase the risk of bleeding and severe brain hemorrhages, as well as the risk of various birth defects.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017