Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5 ) and biotin (vitamin B7 )
Vitamins And Dietary Supplements / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: pantethine;Vitamin B5
Pantothenic acid and biotin - a kind of vitamins.They are soluble in water, which means that the body can not store them for a long time.If the body can not utilize all the vitamins are out of the body through urine.Therefore, all necessary vitamins should be replaced with new body every day.
Pantothenic acid and biotin are required for human growth.They help the body digest and absorb food.This is called metabolism (metabolism).
Pantothenic acid plays a role in the production of hormones and cholesterol.
Dietary sources of biotin
Biotin is found in foods that are good sources of vitamins, including:
- egg yolk;
- organ meats (liver, kidney, industrial animals);
Food sources of pantothenic acid
Pantothenic acid is found in foods that are good sources of B vitamins, including the following:
- broccoli, cabbage and other vegetables in the cabbage family;
- beans and lentils;
- white and sweet potatoes;
- wholegrain cereals;
daily requirement for biotin and pantothenic acid
best way to get the daily requirement of essential vitamins - stick sbalansirovanngo food, which includes a variety of foods.
Specific recommendations depend on age, gender and other factors (such as pregnancy).Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, you need a larger amount of pantothenic acid and biotin.Your doctor or dietitian for any such woman can make a correct, balanced and healthy diet.
Standards for pantothenic acid consumption:
- Age 0-6 months: 1.7 milligrams per day (mg / day)
- Age 7-12 months, 1.8 mg / day
- Age 1-3years: 2 mg / day
- Age 4-8 years: 3 mg / day
- Age 9-13 years: 4 mg / day
- Age 14 years and older: 5 mg / day
Standards biotin consumption:
- Age 0-6 months: * 5 micrograms per day (mg / day)
- Age 7-12 months: 6 * mg / day
- Age 1-3 years: 8 * mg / day
- Age 48 years: 12 * mg / day
- Age 9-13 years: 20 * mg / day
- Age 14 -18 years old: 25 * mg / day
- 19 years and older: 30 * mg / day
excessand lack biotin and pantothenic acid in the body
of known disadvantages and adverse effects of pantothenic acid and biotin.Large doses
pantothenic acid does not cause disease symptoms except (perhaps) diarrhea.There are no known symptoms of intoxication from biotin.