Artificial feeding : a review of infant formula
Children And Health / / August 12, 2017
Alternative title: artificial feeding for infants
Dairy mixture for artificial feeding of newborn children - it preparations which in some way resemble breast mother's milk.However, there are significant differences in health status between feeding from a bottle and breastfeeding infants.Breast milk - a living material, containing live white blood cells and immune substances and the dynamic, nutrient source, which has the potential to meet the every day individual needs of the growing child.Premixes
more nutritious, but they do not contain living white cells, digestive enzymes or influencing immune factors in the child.However, mixtures of recipes from the manufacturers are constantly updated, as they must comply with the new research baby food.
How to choose molochntsyu mixture for a child aged up to 12 months, who is bottle-fed?The answer to this question is the same: an artificial mixture prescribed by the physician, and a doctor.Do not trust advertising, opinions of friends and even materna
infant formulas differ in: nutrients, calories, taste, ability to be digested, and cost, so what is the best mix?For each child individually.First of all, mothers should pay attention to, like if the baby milk formula: if he eats it with pleasure, whether crying when feeding, do not turn away there.There should be more frequent vomiting, rashes on the skin, long-term constipation.
Types of infant formula
Mixtures containing lactose
These mixtures are used for galactosemia and primary lactase deficiency - hereditary diseases, for kotororyh characterized by metabolic disorders in the way of conversion of galactose to glucose.These diseases are diagnosed by special tests.Children suffering from diarrhea or stool disorders, lactose mixture contraindicated.
These glucose mixture introduced in combination with sucrose or maltose (mixture soya).The low-lactose mixture ( "low-lactose Nutrilon", Holland) contains 20% lactose and glucose, maltose, polysaccharides.The latter combination is the best option with partial deficiency of lactase, which allows to adapt the intestines of the child and to keep at least a small amount of intake of lactose, which is in the first months of life is essential for the full development of a child's brain.
detsogo cows for milk supply are not recommended before 12 months!
«gold standard" of artificial feeding of young children with a tendency to food allergy is the use of mixtures based on cow's milk protein hydrolyzate or hydrolysed formulas.They are divided into two groups:
- Casein mixture.Most adapted formulas - "casein mixture", made on the basis of cow milk, wherein the basic protein - casein.They can be given to babies who are prone to regurgitation.These mixtures are more nutritious, so they are useful for young children who can not withstand the intervals between feedings.Partially adapted to use a mixture useful with 2-3-th month of life.Their composition is relatively close to the composition of breast milk.
From casein mixtures it should be noted, so beloved and earned the trust of many mothers:
- «Similac" (USA);
- «Nestozhen" (Switzerland);
- «Baby Istra" (Russia);
- «Alimentum» (USA);
- «Friso PEP AC» (Holland);
- «Nutramigen» (USA), «Pregestimil» (USA).
- whey protein hydrolyzate. These compounds have a number of advantages over the use of casein hydrolysates, as in its svoystvvam they are more close to breast milk, and could read his full-fledged substitute for, if not for one thing ... They have a bitter taste and some children refuse toeat.Depending on the extent of protein cleavage, the mixture divided into and partially hydrolysed mixture.
Vysokogidrolizovannye milk formula suitable for kids with expressed manifestations of allergy or gastrointestinal disorders.As a rule, the effect on the purpose of these compounds is very good and fast.Such mixtures include:
- «Alfare» (Nestle, Switzerland);
- «Friso PEP» (Holland);
- «Nutrilak peptide MCT" (Russia);
- «Nutrilon Pepto Allergy» (Nutricia, The Netherlands).
partially hydrolyzed mixture is usually prescribed at a high predisposition to allergies.Ihprimenenie ensures the formation of the future good tolerability of dairy products.These include:
- «Friso 1 H. A.» (1 Frisolac HA) and «Friso 2 H. A.» (2 Frisolac GA) (Holland);
- «Humana H. A. 1», «Humana H. A. 2» and «Humana H. A. 3" (Germany);
- «HiPP Combiotic HA 1» and «HiPP Combiotic HA 2» (HiPP, Austria);
- «Nutrilak Allergy-1" and «Nutrilak Allergy-2" (Russia);
- «Nan H. A. 1» and «Nan H. A. 2» (Nestle, Switzerland);
- «Tema 1 H. A.» and «Tema 2 H. A.» (Russia).
Bezmolochnve soy mixture made with soy protein.They are good for children who have allergies or other reactions to lactose.Soy contains no lactose.Such mixtures are assigned to children, to the Otori allegrgicheskaya reaction manifested as skin rashes and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract such as intestinal colic, unstable stool, vomiting.
Galaktozemieya or congenital lactase deficiency are also a testimony to the appointment of dairy-free mixes.
However, it was not proved that the mixture based on soy can help the body to fight child with allergies to milk or lactose colic.Children who are allergic to cow's milk, it can also be in 30-40% cases, and soy milk.
- «Friso Soy» (Holland);
- «Humana SL» (Germany);
- «Nutrilon Soya" (Holland);
- «Enfamil Soy» (USA);
- «Bellakt SOY" (Belarus);
- «Detolakt Soy" (Ukraine).
Infants who are prone to allergies, can be adapted to give a mixture of fermented milk.Adapted fermented mixture is obtained by fermentation of milk with a mixture of lactic acid bacteria, followed by careful drying, resulting in a preserved viability of beneficial microorganisms.In the production process is reduced protein mixture is adjusted qualitative composition of protein, fat composition is changed, the mixture is enriched with vitamins, trace elements, further added bifidobacteria.
important that fermented mixture in a child's diet did not occupy more than 50% of the daily amount of food, and the remaining 50% are the usual fresh mixture.
If food allergy still persists, then it is better to abandon the fermented mixtures and go directly to the mixtures to hydrolysis or soy mixtures.It is also possible appointment of preventive nutrition.
Popular fermented mixture:
- «NAN sour milk» (Nestle, Switzerland);
- «Nutrilon Fermented milk" (Holland);
- «Agusha 1 Sour milk mixture" (Russia);
- «Agusha 2 Sour milk mixture" (Russia);
- «Bellakt KM-1" fermented milk (Belarus).
Special medical profilkticheskie mixture
- mixes to reduce reflux. Reflux is a common cause of vomiting in newborn babies - because of the lower gastroesophageal sphincter insufficiency, especially in premature babies and babies with neurological disorders.Vomiting usually occurs at the end of feeding, and in particular, with "kinking" of the child.Types range from small vomiting regurgitation immediately after a meal to a large, sometimes reactive, vomiting, occasionally streaked with blood.Naturally gradual improvement and often a complete cessation of the disease by the end of the first year of life in healthy children) were pre-enriched rice starch.They are generally only needed for children with reflux, which do not gain weight; Industrially manufactured infant formula, diluted with water which are discharged as a liquid or powder, "ready to eat".Manufacturers of infant milk produce milk, corresponding to mature breast milk, and is often a "substitute for breast milk."WHO has established a very strict criterion of the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes.formula mixtures have been developed to better meet the needs of premature infants.
- Mixtures for premature and low birthweight children contain extra calories and minerals to meet the needs of such children;
- Mixtures which can be used for infants with heart disease, malabsorption syndrome (or malabsorption syndrome).
new mix - without a clear role
There are also formulas that are offered as additional food for the kids, who are picky and moody in food.Today it is proved that these formulas are better than whole milk and multivitamins.Besides, they are expensive.
Most of these formulas can be purchased in the following ways:
- ready to use - should not be diluted with water;
- dry mixture - to be mixed with water, but are less expensive;
- concentrated liquid formulas - must be mixed with water.
A so-called "follow-up formula" designed for feeding children over 5-6 months.Their energy value above, according to the needs of children of this age), designed to ensure the nutritional needs of children under 1 year include powders, liquids, or ready-to-use form.
- Breastfeeding: common questions
- Healthy snacks and drinks for children
- Can you give cow's milk to newborns
- norms of physical and mental development of children 0-5 years
- Diarrhea(diarrhea) in infants
encourage all children to feed breast milk or iron-fortified formula, at least the first 12 months of the birth of the child.
Standard formulas contain 20 calories and 0.45 grams of protein per serving (approximately 30 g).Formulas based on cow's milk suitable for the majority of full-term and preterm infants.
Infants who consume enough mixes and gain weight - as a rule, do not need extra vitamins and minerals.The physician may prescribe additional fluoride in the case if the formula is water, which has not been fluorinated.
Infant formula can be used until the child is 1 year.Cow's milk is not recommended for children under the age of 1 year.And after 1 year from the birth of the child should receive only whole, not skimmed or skimmed, cow's milk.
Preparing for feeding, feeding, preparation and storage of mixtures
Clean bottles and teats are washed with soap and running water, and then for 10 minutes, boil them in a covered pan.
Keep container dry infant formula should be in a cool, dry place, covering them with a plastic lid on top.It is always necessary to wash hands and an upper portion of the container prior to use.
Prepare a mixture of strictly according to package directions.For breeding the best to use a special water (purified good filter or bottled), as usual it has a high mineral content and loads the kidneys, also heavy for the kidneys and boiled water.
Before feeding the baby should always check its temperature (it should be warm).
advise to keep a bottle with the mixture so that the nipple and neck of the bottle has always been filled with a mixture of liquid, it will help prevent air ingestion in children.
After feeding leftovers must be discarded finished mixture.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017