Travelling with children
Children And Health / / May 06, 2016
Traveling with children provide for their parents particular problems.Violated familiar procedures and new requirements.Long-term planning with the participation of children can reduce the stress of travel.
Alternative names: ear pain when flying;ear pain in a plane.
Parents desirable to obtain medical advice before traveling with the child, as children may have specific medical problems.Your doctor may recommend medications that you may need if your child zaboleevaet.
adults need to know exactly the dosage for a child his usual cold medicine, from allergies or the flu.If a child has a chronic illness, be sure to show the doctor a copy of the latest medical studies and a list of all the medicines that the child is taking.
Planes, trains, buses
It is best to take all of their usual snacks and food on the road.This helps when traveling or delay the provision of food when available dishes - do not fit the needs of the child and the maintenance of health.Small crackers, unsweetened cereals, cheese
When flying infants and young children:
- if you are breastfeeding, you need to stock up on drinking water after you pass through the border and customs;
- if you are breastfeeding, you can bring your expressed breast milk in large quantities;
- small jars of baby food is good when traveling.From them - little waste and you can dispose of them easily.
Air Travel affect the dehydration of the human body.During such trips each person needs to drink plenty of water.Women who breast-feed, especially.
Flights and baby ears
Children often have problems with the change of atmospheric pressure (and hence intracranial) pressure during takeoff and landing.Pain pressure and almost always go within a few minutes.If your child has a cold or ear infection, discomfort can be bigger and stronger.
doctor may refuse to offer not fly in airplanes, if the child has an ear infection, or a lot of fluid behind the eardrum.However, children who have placed in the ear tympanostomy tube must move the flight well.
Some tips to prevent or treat pain in the ears:
- ask your child during takeoff and landing chew sugarless gum or suck on hard candy.This is very helpful when the pressure on the ear.Most children can learn to do it at the age of 3 years;
- bottle (for children), breast-feeding or sucking the nipple - may also help prevent ear pain;
- give your child plenty of fluids during the flight - this will help him to clean his ears;
- do not let your child sleep during takeoff or landing.Children swallow more often when they are awake.In addition, if a child wakes up with severe pain in the ears - it could frighten him;
- give your child acetaminophen or ibuprofen 30 minutes before take-off or landing;
- use a nasal spray or drops before takeoff or landing.
Before using cold medicines that contain antihistamines and decongestants, to consult on this matter with your doctor.
- Artificial feeding: a review of infant formula
- Breastfeeding: common questions
- diarrhea (diarrhea) in infants
- Rekomndatsii healthy eating for children of different ages
- Skin Problems innewborns: baby rash, heat rash, diaper rash
Try to maintain a normal diet and sleep schedule.Always be aware of what your child eats on top (you can also take something with you to your child that he could chew).If you book this service in advance, some airlines can prepare special diet meals for children.
Encourage children to eat normally, but it should be understood that the restricted diet for a few days - not hurt.
Check every time, especially in a long journey, food to safety.