High temperatures in the child.What to do?
Children And Health / / May 05, 2016
temperature in the child video
When a child has a high temperature - it is always a cause of great anxiety of parents.Although it would seem, fever itself says, just that the body is fighting hard kid with an internal "enemy."Paradox?Not at all.It is only important to know when the heat really require medical intervention and swallowing pills, and when you can do without it.
What you need to shoot down the temperature of the child?
So, if a child is ill, in any event - call your doctor.Only he can make a diagnosis and to say what caused the temperature: infectious or non-infectious causes.And, then, it will tell you when it is better to trust the child's body, "consciously" supporting an elevated temperature (which helps it neutralize harmful microorganisms and slow down the process of their reproduction), and when it is time to deal with the heat.
However, to shoot down the temperature below 39 degrees, doctors are advised not unanimous.This, incidentally, confirmed by the recommendations o
How to properly measure the temperature?
How to correctly measure the temperature of your baby?
only - in the armpits, groin, or rectum.Climb a thermometer in the baby's mouth is possible only by means of a special pacifier thermometer.Measuring temperature rectally (into the rectum) it is recommended only in the case of very small children (up to 5-6 months) and it is better to do it with the help of an electronic thermometer that allows you to manage, in just a minute.In axillary or inguinal folds temperature is measured using an ordinary mercury thermometer, pre-treated with alcohol or warm soapy water.It is very good, by the way, if your child has a personal thermometer.
Shake the thermometer so it shows less than 36 degrees C, wipe the baby's skin in the folds and start to measure.Thus if you measure the temperature in the groin, it is better to put the child on the flank.If you choose the underarm, take the baby in his arms, hold a pen or a leg with a thermometer to him and reproached him a little on his hands.After 10 minutes you will have accurate temperature readings.And keep in mind that rectal measurements are usually half a degree above measurements in the mouth, and by 1 degree C higher than in the groin or underarm area.
During his illness should measure the temperature three times a day.And be sure to write down the results of your measurements.So the doctor will be much easier to judge the course and severity of the ailment.It is not necessary to measure the temperature, when the child is upset, scared or excited, and tightly wrap up the child.In this case, the measurement results may not be entirely accurate.
How to cope with the temperature?
Well, we will assume that you measured the temperature.But on the thermometer the very disturbing indicators that exceed the mark of 39 degrees C. The main thing is do not panic!And try to perform a series of simple recommendations.
1. Put the baby as easily as possible, so that excess heat does not remain in the body.If, on the contrary coddle the child with a high temperature, it can get heat stroke that will provoke an increase in temperature is already up to a critical level.So release the baby from all unnecessary clothing and keep the room temperature above 20 degrees C.
2. You can use the "cold water bottle."Freeze water in small containers and wrapping them with a towel or diaper, attach to blood vessels in the armpit or groin.
3. During his illness, and especially at elevated temperature, the child's body loses a lot of fluid.Therefore, drinking plenty of fluids, in this case - a necessary element of the reduction program.Infants often desirable to put to the breast or drink some water.Older Babes Try also offer water regularly, juicy fruit or fruit juice (diluted with boiled water).Remind your child about drinking, but do not force it.However, if he does it refuses to drink for a few hours - be sure to tell the doctor.
4. Wiping best used in combination with other antipyretic activities.However, if no special preparations, and may be useful in itself.To cool off, do not use cold (or cool) water, it can enter the body in misleading and instead reduce cause another surge of increasing degrees.Do not use wiping alcohol (once fashionable antipyretic), because the child is contraindicated breathe its vapors.
- Otitis and ear infections in children: causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention
- Fever and fever
- Influenza: types of flu, flu-like symptoms,prevention and treatment of influenza
- Forget about colds
Be careful with acetic rubdown, they help not for everyone.And, in general, sponging contraindicated kiddies who have previously observed seizures or have signs of neurological diseases.In any case, as it should, prepare the child for the procedure: put the oilcloth on it - a sheet, and on top - a baby.And be sure to easily nestle it so it did not feel discomfort.Then dip a cloth into a bowl with warm water and place it on the forehead baby.Another of the same cloth treat his skin from the periphery to the center.To achieve the effect of treatment should last at least 20-30 minutes.For wiping, you can re-wet the cloth and pour the warm waters.
5. Well, and, in fact, a drug hit in temperature.Currently clinically recommended to apply in the case of children's fever (i.e., elevated temperature), paracetamol and ibuprofen.Analgin as antipyretic is not recommended due to the very probable allergic reactions and aspirin, in general, it is forbidden to give children, under 15 years of age.
Notice the variety of modern dosage forms.And if at the sweet syrup or chewable tablets of paracetamol a child an allergic reaction up to vomiting, it is better to use candles, which are very conveniently administered after a bowel movement before going to sleep at night baby.Keep in mind that the medicines have an effect on the body after only 30 minutes, while the spark manifest themselves only after 40-45 min after administration.
Take repeated dose no earlier than 4 hours and only in the case of another significant jump in temperature.And closely monitor this in the annotation to the drug dosage of age (unless your doctor prescribed more).
And, most importantly, follow your baby's reactions.After all, in the end, the effectiveness of a drug is dependent primarily on the individual manifestations of each child's body.And if you feel that the fight with the temperature fails, consult a doctor.