How much time a child can spend on the computer
Children And Health / / April 24, 2016
Time TV - any time spent in front of screens: television, computer or video player game.Parents should keep in mind - it is a sedentary activity or inactivity in a sitting position.At such a time it is consumed very little power.
Most children spend about 3 hours a day watching television.When adding other classes of screen time, including games, goes about 5-7 hours a day.
Too much time spent at the computer or TV screen may be:
- increase the risk of child obesity;
- make it difficult to ensure that the baby at night time to lay down and fell asleep;
- to increase the likelihood that a child will develop attention problems, anxiety and depression.
long sitting at the TV or the computer increases the child's risk of obesity because:
- sitting at the screen does not allow to be physically active enough;
- commercials and other ads on the screen can teach children to eat less healthy foods.Most of the advertising directed at children for food high in sugar, salt or fats that children just are n
In addition, children eat more when they are watching television, especially if they see food ads.
Computers can be useful only when kids use them for training to perform school tasks.But video games or the Internet - the time of illness.
basic principles of screen time
in children younger than 2 years old should not be at any screen time.
encourage parents to children over 2 years old to limit their time to screen up to 1-2 hours a day, and no more.
video program directed to very young children, do not improve their development, even though such advertising video programs.
How to reduce time at the computer or TV
For some children, a decrease screen time to 2 hours per day can be difficult, because watching TV is part of their daily lives.We recommend that parents make an effort to reduce the time for the screen and replace it with a working time, so that children understand that sedentary activities have a negative impact on their health, and learn what they can do to improve your health.
- Therapeutic exercise and massage for scoliosis and flatfoot schoolchildren
- speech development in preschoolers
- Hyperactivity in children
- Features organism teenager
- Swimming lessons children
Recommendations to reduce the amount of time spent by the child at the computer
- remove the TV or computer from your child's bedroom;
- do not let your child watch TV during meals or homework;
- do not let your child eat while watching TV or working on the computer;
- do not leave the TV for a long time as a background noise, and instead turn on the radio, or remove any background noise was;
- decide in advance which programs your child can watch, and turn off the TV when the desired child program has ended or has not yet begun;
- Encourage your child to other activities - such, for example, family board games, puzzles, or going for a walk;
- write down exactly how much time is spent in front of TV, try to spend the same amount of time actively, without TV or computer;
- as a parent-child be a good role model - and reduce its own screen time to 2 hours per day;
- if it's hard not to have a TV, try to use it Sleep function ( "slip"), at which the TV automatically turns off;
- check the family: whether each member 1 week to do without watching TV or other screen time without replacing it with active and useful occupation.Find what you can do with your time, so you can move more and be more energetic.