Rash in children younger than 2 years
Children And Health / / August 12, 2017
Alternative names: baby rash;sudamen, miliariya
A rash is a change in the color or texture of the skin.Skin rash can be:
- red, color or slightly lighter or darker than the color of human skin;
Most types of rash in the newborn baby is held harmless in itself.
most common skin problem in infants - diaper rash.This skin irritation caused by dampness, urine or feces.The majority of children who wear diapers have any type of diaper rash.
other skin disorders can also cause a rash.They are usually not serious, if not appear together with other symptoms.
Causes rash in children
- diaper rash (rash on babies feet) - irritation of the skin caused by long-term moisture, urine and feces on the skin;
- Candida type yeast also causes thrush in the mouth.The rash in this case looks different from the usual diaper rash.It is bright red, with, as a rule, small red bumps on the outer edges.This rash requires treatment with medication;
- «warm» rash, or prickly heat - usually caused
- toxic erythema can cause flat red spots (usually red or white spots) that appear in half of all infants.This rash rarely appears after 5 days of age, as a rule, up to 7-14 days, and it is not dangerous;
- baby acne is caused by the impact on the child's mother's hormones.Red cones, sometimes with white dots in the center may be visible on the face of the newborn.Pimples usually appear 2-4 weeks of age, but can occur up to 4 months after birth and not fade within 12-18 months;
- seborrheic dermatitis causes greasy, long, hard spots on the scalp, which appear in the child in the first 3 months of his life.This usually takes place by itself, but in some cases may need treatment with drugs;
- eczema - a skin condition, which in some areas is dry, scaly, red (or darker than normal colors) and itching.When this continues for a long time, such sites are multiplied.It is often associated with asthma and allergies, although it can also occur without them.Eczema often runs in families;
- rash (pale red welts, blisters) appear on different parts of the body.They vary in size and shape and may remain for weeks, if the cause is not clear, and therefore they have not started to heal.
Diagnosis and treatment of rashes in children
- Intertrigo .To avoid diaper rash, it is necessary to keep the baby's skin to dry, change wet diapers as a baby's skin to give more often, to air dry as long as it brings her favor.We advise to wash cloth diapers with mild soap and rinse it well.Avoid irritating tissue (especially those containing alcohol) is in contact with the infant.
Special ointments and creams can reduce friction and protect the baby's skin from irritation.Poroshki- powder such as cornstarch or talc should be used with caution, because the baby can inhale them, and this can cause damage to his lungs.
If a child has a diaper rash, the doctor can appoint him to treat medical cream, for example, or Bepanten Pantestin.
- Miliaria. sudamen is the best treatment, to ensure the child cooler and less humid environment.
Medicinal Powders are unlikely to help cure prickly heat.We recommend avoiding the use of ointments and creams because they tend to keep the skin in a constant heat and block the pores.
- Toxic erythema normal for newborns, and it will go by itself in a few days.To do this, nothing to do, it usually goes away.
- Urticaria.When hives be sure to consult your doctor so that he has identified the cause.Some specific reasons require treatment with medications.Antihistamines may help stop the itching.
- Baby acne. Continuous washing - this is usually all that is needed to treat the child from acne.Use plain water or water with a gentle baby soap to bathe the baby every 2-3 days.Do not apply for a small child a means of acne, used for adolescents and adults.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. In seborrheic dermatitis, you must wash your hair or skin with water head or a special baby shampoo.You can use a soft brush to remove fragments of dry skin.If this does not help, we recommend to apply the oil on the skin to soften it.Typically, this symptom disappears in 18 months.If it does not disappear, it indicates that the infection of the skin shedding.If seborrheic dermatitis resistant to treatment (ie, he does not go after conventional treatment), we recommend once again to consult about this with your doctor.
- Eczema. When skin problems caused by eczema, rash treatment reducing - reducing scratches and preserve the skin moisturized:
- keep baby close-cropped nails or take care of soft gloves for a child at night to minimize scratches on his skin;
- to avoid drying the skin soap and all that caused skin irritation in the past (it may be, including, and food);
- apply moisturizing cream or ointment immediately after baths to avoid skin drying;
- hot, or long, or bubble baths can dry the skin longer, and should be avoided;
- loose cotton clothing will help absorb sweat;
- contact your doctor if these measures are not in control of eczema (child may need another medication), or if the skin infection begin to appear.
While the majority of children with eczema outgrow it, many of them are still very sensitive skin on the whole, including adult life.
recommend contacting child to the doctor if the child has:
- fever or other unexplained symptoms associated with a rash;
- any areas that look wet or red, which is a sign of an infection;
- rash that extends beyond the diaper area;
- rash, which increases in skin folds;
- rash, spots or discolored skin in children younger than 3 months;
- no improvement over the 3 days of treatment at home;
doctor will have to perform a diagnostic examination of the child, whose skin should be thoroughly investigated, so that you can more accurately determine the extent and type of rash on her.Parents need to give the doctor a list of all products used for the baby's skin.
doctor may ask questions about the child's parents - such as for example:
- the first time a rash;
- rash began suddenly (over several hours) or is developed slowly and gradually;
- the age at which symptoms appear - at the birth, in infancy;
- whether symptoms when a high temperature;
- if the rash occurs after skin injury, bathing, exposure to sunlight or cold;
- looks like a rash;
- if you can pinpoint red spots;
- rash looks like small red areas or blisters;
- if the rash is similar to bruising;
- if rash like hives (red welts that appear in different parts of the body and go and are very itchy);
- if the skin looks dry and rigid;
- whether on the rash crusts;
- where it originated in the body rash;
- if the rash spreads to other areas of the body;
- What other symptoms are also present;
- what kinds of soaps and detergents used for a sick child;
- Do something for the child's skin was used (creams, lotions, oils, perfumes);
- Has any medication the child;if so - how long;
- whether the child ate recently any new, unusual for him, Products;
- whether the child has been in contact with grasses / weeds / trees in recent years;
- whether the child was sick lately;
- whether there is (whether) the child or someone else in the family allergic;
- do you have someone in the family have any skin problems.
analyzes rarely required, but they may include:
- research on skin allergies;
- blood tests (total or differential blood tests);
- microscopic examination of a sample of affected areas.
Depending on the cause of the rash, antihistamines may be recommended to reduce the itching.Antibiotics may be prescribed if there is a bacterial infection.
doctor may prescribe a cream on diaper rash caused by yeast.If the rash is not caused by yeast, child corticosteroid cream may be recommended.
For eczema, the doctor may prescribe ointments or cortisone (Hydrocortisone) to reduce inflammation in the skin of the child.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017