Orthopedic corsets and posture correctors
Diseases Of The Spine / / April 30, 2016
If the patient was diagnosed with "disease of the spine," if he has a spinal deformity or spinal potential problems, which can help with the use of an external structural support, the doctor may recommend a brace (braces) for the back or neck.Braces - it is a safe and non-invasive way to prevent future problems or a way to help the patient heal from this painful condition.
Brackets received wide public recognition.Parentheses (brackets) are effective for the treatment of spinal disorders.Almost 100% of orthopedic doctors in favor of their use.
Braces, not really represent anything new.They actually used by mankind for centuries as a corset lumbosacral (lower back), which were used as support for the spine in 2000 BC!Brackets of bandages and tires were used in 500 ADto correct scoliosis.Recently, braces have become a popular way how to really prevent primary and secondary pain.
In total there are more than 30 types of spinal disorders.In this article, we will discuss some common types and causes of
Types of braces include:
- neck braces;
- spit (suspended) belts;
- lumbosacral belts;
- rigid braces;
- braces with hyperextension (hyperextension, hyperextension);
- spinal orthoses;
- lifting straps.
- Neck corsets (collars). Neck corsets used in order to ensure the stability of the cervical spine after surgery of the neck, neck injury, or as an alternative to surgery.There are several types of braces available, including the following:
- padded collar.This flexible brace is placed on the neck.Soft collar is typically used after the patient has had a more rigid collar during the main period of treatment, and is used as a transition to the removal of the collar;
- cervical collar Philadelphia - a bus-collar more rigid fixation with plastic overhead stabilizing elements.This collar, which has front and rear portions, on each side with Velcro.It is usually worn 24 hours a day until the doctor does not recommend it to remove the patient.This collar is used for conditions such as, for example, a relatively stable upper spine fracture and after the operation on his neck;
- sterno-occipital (ie, sterno-occipital) immobilization device of the lower jaw.This bracket that holds the neck in a straight line, which coincides with the spine.This device provides a solid and rigid support to the injured neck and prevent unnecessary movement of the head.With this bracket the patient is unable to bend or rotate the neck in different directions.Restriction of movement helps the muscles and bones of the neck to recover from an injury or surgery."Sternum" means that involved the upper and middle chest, "occipital" - the head of the skull base involved."Lower jaw" includes jaw and chin, and "immobilization" refers to the support and restriction of movement as a result of the brackets.This device is worn on the body parts that are included in its name: the chin, on which rests the lower jaw;chin straps connected with a headband on his forehead;It connects the front chin to his chest a metal plate, which, finally, is based on the upper and middle chest.It turns out that something like a vest, that connects to the back of the supporting head.This bracket is obviously a bit more complex and cumbersome than the other, but it provides excellent support for wounded or injured neck
- halo (Titanium ring).The main objective of the halo - immobilization of the injured head and neck at the time of their treatment.This is the most rigid neck brace.It is used only after a comprehensive treatment of the cervical spine, or when the patient's neck is not yet stable.Halo has a titanium ring that goes around the patient's head, attached to the skull by four metal pins.The ring is sometimes attached to the vest, which is worn on the chest.Vest allows the ring and neck to be constantly at a fixed location.Halo worn 24 hours a day until all spinal injuries will not heal.
- trochanteric belt. spitting (suspended) belt is usually prescribed for pain in the sacroiliac joint (sacroiliac connection) or in fractures of the pelvis.These belts are tightened around the pelvis, between the trochanter (the bony part of the neck of the femur) and iliac (pelvic) ridges (ridges).Normally, such belt is 7.55 centimeters in width and front buckle.
- lumbosacral belts. lumbosacral belt (zone) helps to stabilize the lower back.This tape, which is usually made of heavy cotton and easily strengthened.The pressure on each of these zones can be controlled by the laces on the side or rear.These belts have a width of 10 to 15 or from 20 to 30 centimeters.Sacroiliac belt is used to prevent movement at the joints between the pelvic bone and the sacrum (base of the spine).
- Corsets. Corsets provide supporting rigidity and support for the back.Corsets can vary in length.Corset will be appointed physician shorter or longer - depending on the patient's condition.Short corset is commonly used for pain in the lower back, while longer used in case of problems in the middle of the lower thoracic spine.
People often imagine corsets as they were usually women from earlier ages, who used them to make their waist visually looks smaller.Today corsets are used in the treatment of back problems, they extend to the buttocks and often stay on the shoulder straps.Like the ancient corsets, lace are the latest from the back, side or front.The metal provides the proper corset supporting rigidity and support to the patient's back.
- for spinal orthoses. braces are designed for a wide distribution of pressure on a large area of the body.By time, the period of treatment, immobilization of the patient from the neck to the hips, the pressure is distributed evenly pressurized by overloaded or unstable regions.Splints were originally made of plaster, but now as a rule, they are made of molded plastic.
- rigid braces. These braces are usually prescribed for low back pain and its instability.If support for the spine need more stiffness than can be found in the standard types of back supports, often prescribed for back braces are hard (very hard brackets).They usually consist of a rear pillar contour lumbar (lower) spine and pelvis and the thoracic band of the tightener as well as on tissue curly brackets, which provide pressure to the front of the waist.
There are several types of rigid models, including staples without uprights at the middle, so that the bending is not allowed;corset, holding the lumbar spine in a neutral position;bracket, which reduces lumbar lordosis, keeping the patient in a neutral slope.
- Ckolioz: causes, symptoms, treatment
- Secrets of a healthy spine
- 13 tips how to reduce pain in the lower back
- Back pain and lower back
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications
- Braces with hyperextension. These irons are designed to prevent excessive bending, and that they are often prescribed for the treatment of anterior compression fractures - around the junction of thoracic and lumbar spine.The retainer may also be used for the subsequent healing of the spine after surgery - fusion (this operative intervention to fusion, creation of immobility between adjacent vertebrae to stabilize the vertebrae and intervertebral discs).
These braces provide support to the patient's back, which allows you to compress the front thoracic vertebrae by restricting flexion (bending) of thoracic and lumbar spine.
Staples with hyperextension have a front rectangular frame of metal, which is putting pressure on the upper sternum and pubic bone.It stimulates the expansion of the back.The opposite pressure on the tenth vertebrae in the thoracic spine.The curly braces give the "three points of stabilization" - to the spine through the anterior abdominal pad, chest pad and back pad at the fracture level.
By applying pressure at three points - the sternum, pubis and posterior lumbosacral spine - spine stretched.In front of the middle of the chest there is a narrow sternum and flat bone.The chest is a part of the body between the base of the neck and the lower diaphragm.
- lifting belts (belt). Bandages are designed to reduce back strain and muscle fatigue that can occur when the patient lifts heavy objects.Banndazh as a belt surrounding the waist, covering the lumbar region of the spine, and covers the front part of the body.They are usually made of fabric, they do not tear.Some of their models are also blocks for patients with neck or spinal lordosis.
- Staples. curly brackets are most commonly used to treat: back pain, injuries, infections, muscle weakness, neck pain, osteoporosis, etc.Suspenders, belts and jackets are designed to immobilize and maintain the patient's spine when his condition requires treatment.Depending on the models, which are used, they can put the spine into neutral or vertical position, make it a hyperextension, bent forward or sideways.
Aims use correctors posture correctors
posture used for various reasons - for example, to control pain, reduce the likelihood of further damage to the back, makes it easier to come to heal, to compensate for muscle weakness, prevent or correct the deformation, etc.Lumbar corsets and suspenders to compress the abdomen increases intra-abdominal pressure.This reduces the pressure on the spine and relieve him, providing some relief from spine pain.
There are other reasons for using spinal attachment.One of them is the theory that the mounting isolates the skin, creating a high heat and reducing the sensation of pain - in other words, acting as warmer.Another reason is that the increased pressure on the abdominal cavity produces a hydraulic support for the back.Finally, some types of motion can cause stress in the generators back pain.Reducing the range of motion with the help of fixtures can significantly relieve these types of pain.
Although the effects of posture korrektrov mostly positive, due to the inactivity of man, these effects may lead to loss of muscle function.The corset can sometimes lead to psychological dependence, so that, even when the patient is healed and ready to remove the corset, he feels dependent on him, needing physical support his back brace.For this reason, we recommend parallel treatment to consult a psychologist, who can help the patient in his early preparation for removal of the spinal attachment and complete recovery.