How to cope with the pain in the shoulders and neck ?
Diseases Of The Spine / / August 12, 2017
And so, how do people cope with the pain?What are the ways to ease the painful condition?
And there is a great variety of ways.If you do not have a doctor and you need to temporarily deal with the pain, you can use several techniques to help temporarily improve your condition.If your pain is severe and sharp, you will first need to relax your neck and use ice or a cold compress.But there are a few limitations.
- Rest. If you do not have a serious injury, the long rest and relaxation is not the best way to deal with the pain in the neck.However, many states are certain ways to relax the neck muscles can be effective in relieving pain.
The very first thing you need to remember - try not to make any sudden movements, and avoid head positions in which the pain is getting worse.
Second, try to rest for 20-30 minutes in the position most comfortable for your neck, if necessary, place something under it to position the neck was the most neutral and correct.In some cases, you can use a cervical collar
- Cold and hot compresses. Chill "freezes" the pain and reduces swelling by narrowing the blood vessels.You can apply a cold compress to the neck for 15-20 minutes every hour.But do not just apply ice to the skin for more than a minute, this can cause frostbite.
Hot compresses applied on 15 minutes, it is also a good way to temporarily deal with the pain, firmness in the neck and relieve muscle spasms.
However, it is worth remembering that all of the above methods, though to be effective for the temporary relief of pain in the neck, however, do not belong to the category of immediate treatment of your condition, and consultation with a specialist will still be needed.
How to avoid becoming a victim of the notorious pain in the neck and avoid unnecessary injuries and their consequences?
There are a number of preventive measures, observing that, you will reduce the risk of problems with the neck to a minimum.Naturally, some states in particular age when the tissue just wear out, it is practically impossible to control, but in many other cases, simple precautions will be more than effective.Many of the causes of neck pain can be eliminated by observing the correct posture, the correct position during sleep and regular exercise combination.
Many of the following tips are based on common sense, but often we just do not notice that something does not do so as long as the neck starts to ache.In general, the way you hold yourself, sitting, working and so on, can either lead to pain in the neck, or to protect you from such problems.Here are some tips:
- at the table in front of a computer. While working at the computer or just at your desk, try to keep your head directly over the spine, that is as straight as possible.It is important to adjust the chair for which you sit so that your feet are free to reach the floor, and buttocks were pushed back as far as possible to the back of the chair.You can also use a small pillow, planted in the lower back, to ensure the most comfortable and neutral position.Yet it is important to remember that if you are forced to spend a long time at the computer, get up at least every half an hour to walk around and stretch their legs a bit.
- 7 best exercises for herniated vertebral disc in the lower back
- Orthopedic corsets and posture correctors
- Secrets of a healthy spine
- 13 tips how to reduce pain in the lower back
- back pain and lower back
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications
- Phone. If you have to spend a lot of time for the phone, try not to tilt your head to one side (where you hold the handset).It is also recommended to use headphones or other devices that allow you to not hold the phone to his ear constantly.
- Reading and writing at a table. Try to keep the book or the papers you read, as straight as possible, so as not to bend forward.Use armrests - they will help you to maintain this straight position without much effort.At the time of writing and try to ensure that you sit up straight and not lean on the table, use the pedestal if it will help you keep your head straight without tilting it forward strongly.
- Proper shoes. Yes, of course, we all want to look beautiful and like the others.However, if you experience symptoms of pain in the neck, and want to prevent their re-emergence, then you certainly should heed the following advice.Do not wear heels often (if it can be avoided completely, even better).They change your body position, creating unnecessary tension in the spine and neck muscles, which consequently leads to problems with the neck.This is perhaps the main reason why women suffer from pain in the neck more often than men.
- Bag.Try not perenagruzhat his bag and, if possible, choose a light small bags or backpacks.Nor should we hang a bag over his shoulder.If you just need to carry a bag on his shoulder, rotate them, shifting the gravity of the right shoulder to the left and vice versa.
- Driving. your position while driving the car directly affect whether you get an injury, if an accident happens.To avoid unwanted injuries, lift the headrest is high enough so that he could easily "catch" your head, if you suddenly happen sudden stop or collision.The seat also has to be in the upright position to the head was between 5 and 10 cm. In front of his headrest.Also, if you are traveling long distances, be sure to stop to walk around and stretch your muscles.
- Lifting weights. During lifting something heavy or bend the knees and hips and keep the back instead of a heavy object close to you while straightening the legs.
- Dream. In total there are two positions during sleep, which will be most neutral for your neck: on the side and back.If you sleep on your back, choose a rounded pillow that will support the natural curve of the neck.If you sleep on your side, keep your back straight, using a pillow, a base (in the neck) is higher than under the head.
When we know about what may be caused by pain in the neck and shoulder joints, and how to deal with them yourself.However, it does not always get to deal with these pains yourself.As with any problems of this nature, they often need to be assessed a qualified person, so, in any case, need to consult a doctor who will prescribe the right treatment.