Secrets of a healthy spine
Diseases Of The Spine / / April 26, 2016
Our concept of the spine are generally reduced to the old joke: "The spine is needed to carry the bags on his back and head to the abdomen has not failed."In fact, the spine value for human health is more important even than proper nutrition and proper breathing.Why?
The spine consists of individual bones of the vertebrae, between which there are elastic cartilage discs that act as shock absorbers.The vertebrae and intervertebral discs by muscular corset "assembled" in a flexible, resilient "post", inside which runs the spinal canal.
The channel is the spinal cord, which connects all human organs to the brain.Moreover, each organ is associated with certain nerve roots of the spinal cord, which extend through the respective intervertebral foramen.If for any reason the nerve roots are compressed, the complete transmission of nerve impulses to the organs and from them is difficult.This in turn may lead to diseases of the heart, liver, gall bladder, stomach, intestine, and pain in the spine.
compression of spinal cord roots can be caused by various reasons.It also features the anatomical structure of the vertebrae (for example, too small intervertebral foramen);displacement of intervertebral discs and vertebrae themselves due to physical overload, injuries, weakness, muscular corset, overweight;swelling (edema) of soft tissues as a result of overheating or hypothermia, metabolic disorders and a number of other reasons.Since the features of the anatomical structure does not change, there is only the application of preventive measures.
At displacement of the vertebrae and discs chiropractor or "chiropractor" can put them in place.But the use of physical exercises that strengthen the musculo-ligamentous spine corset, as well as preventive measures, taking into account the natural characteristics of the structure and functioning of the spine, may consolidate the effect of manual therapy.
first. pillow should be small, and the bed quite hard.Otherwise, the dream becomes prolonged static "work" that promotes stagnation in the spine and other organs.
second. during work or study table height, chairs, desks, and lighting must match the characteristics of the work, growth and structure of the body.If you have to work standing up, it is necessary to periodically put (for unloading the lumbar) one and then the other leg on the stand.
third. Try not to lift weights in the "lean forward".But since it is practically impossible to avoid this, it is advisable to wear a leather belt or even "belt lifter";you can buy in the "Sports" stores.
Raising children beware -can inadvertently infringe upon the nerve roots of the spinal cord.Try to keep the spine straight.
fourth. Yogis say: "The man is young and healthy, yet his flexible spine" - so let's try to look younger and healthier.Help in this exercise.
1. If any work is necessary from time to time to get up, stable legs apart and reject a head back.Slowly turn it all the way to the right, then to the left.To twist it in different directions in a deflected position back.
2. Standing with his head rock back, lift the half-bent at the elbows, back arching in the upper thoracic spine 3-5 times.Breathing not delay, to breathe through the nose.
3. Just bend, but to the challenge in the right leg first "backbends", then - left.Each leg by 3-5 times.In this exercise, bend the middle thoracic spine.
4. Feet shoulder width apart, arms bent at the elbows and raise the level of the chest.Turns shoulder girdle (breathe through the nose, head and pelvis are in the "right" position).Turn right shoulder girdle - exhale, return to the starting position - a breath, turn left - exhale.At 5-7 times.After some training, you can be in the rotation of the shoulder belt in the same direction to turn your head slightly in the opposite direction (for effect).
All exercises are done the same number of times in each direction.
5. Legs and arms - in the same position (item 4)..Turns torso to the right - exhale, return - inhale, rotate the torso to the left - exhale.At 5-7 times.The pelvis should remain stationary.
6. Legs deliver wider.The slope to the right - exhale.The right hand slides down her thigh, left hand slides on the side facing up.Hands like help "tighten" the shoulders so that the left side of the body to get more stretch when tilted to the right and vice versa.Return - breath.Tilt left - exhale.At 5-7 times.
7. The legs in the same position (p. 6).Hands on hips.The rotation of the pelvis clockwise, then counterclockwise.According 7-14 times.Breathing free.
8. The legs and hands in the same position (p. 6).The head tilt back a bit, and caving in the back, doing forward bend - exhale.Head position is unchanged, the slope is due to the hip joints.Lifting - breath.
9. Front raznozhka - like walking on skis.Step to do as long as possible and "sag" as low as possible, "springing" in this case.For stability, you can hold on to his chair.Change legs, better jump.At 5-7 times.
If the work is not possible to do all the exercises, perform enough the first five.Full range can be done at home as individual exercises for the spine prevention or include them in an expanded gym complex.
Now, a few recipes for those who experience significant vertical load on the spine (has a lot of weight, gravity shifts, or work standing) during the day.At the end of the day (and possibly in the middle) is useful "otvisetsya" 1-2 minutes.To do this, pick up, or install support for hands (tube, round stick, mezzanine edge) so that, standing on the "toes", could take up her hands up.(Before exercise, it is desirable to empty the bladder to the body muscles are completely relaxed.) Standing on "tiptoe", to take up a support and mentally, slowly, centimeter by centimeter "walk attention" on the spine from top to bottom, at the same time relaxing the body.By the time your focus gets to the tailbone, heels should be on the floor, ie, 3 to 5 cm "elasticity" compressed the intervertebral discs -.. Restored.
the evening and in the morning in bed, lying on his back, a good idea to make a "pulling" the pelvic area.To do this, pull forward, first heel of the right foot, then the left heel, and after - both heels together.
fifth.Through intervertebral foramen with spinal nerve roots are blood and lymph vessels, and other nerve fibers.Therefore, the "fullness" of the intervertebral foramen is quite high, and swelling (edema), blood vessels and nerves of soft tissues are compressed.This, in turn, may impair the overloaded drive power and the emergence of pain in the spine.
When long-term disruption of its supply elasticity disk decreases, and it may appear cracked, and eventually the phenomenon of degeneration of cartilage into bone (osteochondrosis).
metabolic disorders and swelling of soft tissue contributes to excess salt in the diet and acute, as well as inadequate intake of vegetable dishes with an excess of meat.
So, exercise stress, lack of excess weight, good nutrition (without excess salt and hot, with a significant percentage of natural, natural products), as well as periodic discharge and purification of toxins - the key to the "health" of the spine, and therefore goodhealth, high efficiency and beautiful posture.
24 May, 2016
24 May, 2016